Skip to main content

Adobe Download Assistant Problems

I've run into some strange issues with downloading the Adobe photoshop CS5 trial. This is the error message I've been receiving:

Error communicating with Adobe.com (Error 100).

I tried all of the steps mentioned here with no luck: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/898/cpsid_89867.html


The Solution that actually worked for me was a combination of the above with one important step (This is on a Windows 7 64 bit PC):



  1. Remove preferences folder from C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Adobe.comblahblaahblah Just delete this folder.

  2. Now uninstall Adobe Download Assistant from the contral panel.

  3. Login to Adobe.com and download the Download Assistant again.

  4. Install

  5. Close

  6. Go to Start ==> Programs ==> Right click on Adobe Download Assistant and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

After, I started the application as an administrator I was able to search through the Download Assistant for the CS5 trial and start my download.

This all took me about 2 hours of trial and error to figure out. Hope I saved you guys some time.

Later!

Comments